Methadone Painkillers Taking Its Toll over the Life of Patients
It has been reported that about 5,000 patients relying over methadone painkillers succumb to death every year. The figures are shocking as a large number of people take the painkillers in the US. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended in a report that doctors should minimize the prescription of the painkillers.
It has been reported that in the past ten years, the death rates resulting from the intake of methadone painkillers have increased by six folds. Following the disclosure of the death rates, the Food and Drug Administration has advised the doctors to prescribe the painkillers only when other treatments fail to provide relief to the patient.
The notorious methadone is also used in treating patients with heroin addiction. The Director of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Thomas Frieden, said, "Methadone is riskier than other prescription painkillers. there's really been an overuse of methadone for pain".
It has come to light that the methadone painkillers are cheaper in cost and therefore they are quite popular among the people. It is hoped that the find
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19