A mysterious neurological and respiratory problem has taken lives of 61 children in Cambodia. The news was revealed by the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as by the Cambodian health officials, who have been investigating the cause of the problem.
Using the International Health Regulations, the Cambodian health officials have informed neighboring countries of Cambodia and also asked the Cambodian authorities to remain extra vigilant about people, who visit Cambodia.
Authorities concerned were of the view that countries surrounding Cambodia should remain cautious about people, who have come from Cambodia. In the meantime, "WHO supports the Ministry with the investigation and detailed analysis of each of these cases to find out the cause”, said Dr. Pieter Van Maaren, who is representing the WHO in Cambodia.
In total, 64 young people were being affected by the disease, and only two have survived the disease, said Dr. Beat Richner, who works at the Kantha Bopha Children's Hospitals. He said that he was the first one, who informed the Cambodian health officials about this disease.
Investigations are going on, but till the time results are revealed. It is expected that people will remain cautious and so was the authorities concerned of respective countries.
- China Promises to Restrict Greenhouse Emissions by 2016
- Deaths Due to Climate Change will Increase Manifold in Coming Decades
- Demand of Larrivée Guitar Got a Boost after Promotion through Astronaut Chris Hadfield
- Rosario Dawson flashes her crotch at Cannes Film Festival
- Angelina Jolie’s double mastectomy moved Jennifer Aniston to tears