A new committee of nine members has been set by the health officials with a responsibility to perform their jobs in order to prevent HIV/AIDS in Queensland. As a big surprise, "Farmer Dave" Graham has also been appointed in the committee, the personality who came as gay on big reality show Big Brother in the year 2006.
Above announcements have come today from Health Minister Mr. Lawrence Springborg. The minister revealed about the new ministerial committee, which has also been assigned the job of managing $2.6 million of Queensland Health funding for the purpose.
The amount was initially under the care of the Queensland Association for Healthy Communities, a lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender health organization but the organization has been stripped of from its funding, which also saw a protest of 2000 people in Brisbane CBD during the month of May.
The chairman of the new committee is none other than the director of the Cairns Sexual Health Service, Mr. Darren Russell, who is serving the field of HIV medicine since 1990 and has also stood as the national president of the Australian Federation of AIDS Organizations from 2003 to 2006.
The other members in the committee are Mr. Dave Graham, Brisbane-based sex worker advocate Ms. Candi Forrest and some more sexual health experts.
- Beautiful Conjunction of 3 Planets to Take place in Last 10 Days of May
- Health report Disclosed Shocking Patterns Followed by Locals
- Australian Nursing Federation Urges State Government to Take Measures over Violence
- Tasmania's Health Department Refuses Link between Illnesses and Contaminated Water
- Veterinary Directorate Grants Approval for Fast-Tracking of Schmallenberg Vaccine