As per a study being published in the online journal BMJ Open, it has been revealed that US young brigade can add more years to their total life span by adopting two simple measures. One of the ways is to stop acting as couch potato, which means spend less time being seated.
Second way is to reduce the amount of time one spends while watching television. The second option holds quite an importance in the research. In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers assessed the data of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
The data helped them to know some really important information, like exactly how much time US adults spend time while sitting and amount of time, they watch television. This was not the end of their research; the study researchers assessed five other studies, which included assessment of almost 167,000 individuals.
All the studies led them to reach at one conclusion, and that conclusion was two hours of television per day will reduce the risk of early death among US youngsters. "The results of this study indicate that extended sitting time and TV viewing may have the potential to reduce life expectancy in the USA", said the study researchers.
- City Council argues e-cigarette ban in public areas which is being opposed by users and sellers
- Business Customers of SolarCity to get Tesla-made Batteries
- Walter the blind sea otter is now improving after being shot at
- Fall in fuel prices bring US drivers back on the road
- Stolen radioactive material in Mexico found