The company named Complete Genomics, Inc. has been claiming that it has discovered a new technology with the ability to sequence a whole genome, a recent report has uncovered.
As per the findings, the company has promised that physicians would from now need less time over genome sequencing. Since, the Long Fragment Read (LFR) device comes with such features that allow it to work even with less amount of DNA.
The pioneering technology generates the sequencing just by using ‘barcoded’ DNA, says the report published in The Nature. Also, while a full human genome sees some 600 errors in total, 10s of millions of base pairs of genomes realize rarely only a single error.
It has been told by the team that it is thus evident that the device is more accurate almost by 10 times in terms of fully-phased sequencing of genomes. Also, it exceeds over all other high-sensitivity methods available at present.
A distinguishing feature, the report says, is that LFR can find out if same or distinct chromosomes are carrying two disease-associated variants, which was rarely possible until now.
“We expect this technological breakthrough to accelerate the move of whole genome sequencing into patient care, which in turn will begin to change the face of medicine”, said Chairman and President Dr. Clifford Reid.
- Katie Price wears a huge pink princess dress at the book launch
- MIA’s fourth album will hopefully be released this autumn
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West might have named their daughter Kaidence Donda West
- World Bank Signs Deal with India for Taking NACP IV Ahead
- Telstra Contractors Fail to have Appropriate Asbestos Awareness