As per a research taken out by a group of researchers from the University of Cologne, it has been revealed that even small doses of ecstasy is capable of causing severe damage to brain and can even make one lose their memory.
The research, which has been published in the journal Addiction, has found that the effect of ecstasy is so high that even 10 pills per year are enough to knock out the brains of a person.
In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers said that they asked young people about their drug taking experience. Some of the questions being asked were in regard to their past experience of taking drugs and their future use of drugs, while keeping in the mind the last time experience.
Some of the other things that were being tested during the course of test were memory status, learning abilities and brain processing speed. All these and more factors were noted before the start of the study as well as during the study.
Study author Dr Daniel Wagner, from the University of Cologne, said, ''Our findings may raise concerns with regard to MDMA use, even in recreational amounts over a relatively short time period”.
- NCPs to be Regulated as Medicines, announces MHRA
- Aspiring Paracyclist from Exeter Suffers from Rare MDP syndrome
- Breast Cancer Screenings should be Provided to Larger Group of Women: Study
- New Zealand needs to do more to lift its game in China: Tim Groser
- Opera by Cherubini Got Recovered by Researchers