Scientific advancement is though good for humans, it does have adverse consequences over animals as in the initial stage experiments are conducted over animals. In many cases, rats are injected with a number of chemicals which leads to their death. Similarly, in a recent cruel experiment, the researchers sewn shut the eyes of kittens.
Animal right campaigners have raised voice against the cruel practice of the scientists. British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection (BUAV) is one such organization which is fighting for the rights of the animals. The organization criticized the researchers saying that they could have conducted the same experiment over the infants.
To which, the researchers of Cardiff University said that a similar test couldn’t have been conducted over the infants. They said that they will take the help of strict Home Office guidelines to support their experiment. They further noted that kittens were used as they have forward face just like human infants and also have weak eyesight.
The Chief Executive of BUAV, Michelle Thew said, “We know the public will be shocked to learn of publicly funded experiments… which kittens have been subjected to unpleasant procedures such as depriving them of light or sewing up an eyelid”.
- Beautiful Conjunction of 3 Planets to Take place in Last 10 Days of May
- Health report Disclosed Shocking Patterns Followed by Locals
- Australian Nursing Federation Urges State Government to Take Measures over Violence
- Tasmania's Health Department Refuses Link between Illnesses and Contaminated Water
- Veterinary Directorate Grants Approval for Fast-Tracking of Schmallenberg Vaccine