Nothing is best for a child than his mother’s milk. This is the reason that doctors and health experts suggest that mothers should breast feed their babies within one hour of delivery. The Uttar Pradesh Government in India is lacking on it in comparison to the prevailing national figure of 40.5%.
In order to improve the condition, the National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) has said that they will be launching a plan known as “Understanding the past, planning for future”. Through this programme, they will be encouraging mothers to breast feed their babies.
Chandan Lal, who is the Chief Medical Officer at National Rural Health Mission, was of the view that they need to pass on the message to mothers that if they will breast feed their babies then will be stronger not physically, but mentally as well.
“It is a topic based on human rights, which gives instructions on how to protect, promote and support breastfeeding during the first six months of life”, he further affirmed. With infant mortality rate going upwards, there is a need to raise awareness about the importance of breast feeding and its benefits. It is expected that the campaign being launched by the government will be able to do the same.
- A few Royals to get a sneak peek of the Chelsea Flower Show ahead of its public opening
- Nicki Minaj gives Lil Wayne a Lapdance at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Osbourne’s are re-united
- Rajinikanth’s Kochadaiyaan couldn’t make it to the Cannes Film Festival screening
- Combination Food of Soy and Tomato Can Probably Help in Prostate Cancer