Outbreak of the Ebola virus has created panic in western Uganda. It has been found that residents of the place have got so scared that they are terrified to step out of their houses. They fear to visit religious places and shopping places.
The virus has killed 16 people and other 30 people have been kept in observation in hospitals. The infection started in Kibaale district and since the initiation, 232 people have fallen ill. Another 12 new cases has been registered in the district.
Health officials were of the view that they have been taking all the possible measures by which the outbreak can be controlled, and they are quite hopeful that things will be under control, as desired.
President Yoweri Museveni has issued a special message for people in the country. He has passed on some instructions like people should avoid shaking hands with people; they should not be careless while having casual sex. They should try to adopt all the hygiene rules that can prevent the infection.
Stephen Mfashingabo, who is a health official in Kibaale was of the view, "There was no money from the Health Ministry to fund activities since this outbreak was confirmed and there was also no food”.
- China Promises to Restrict Greenhouse Emissions by 2016
- Deaths Due to Climate Change will Increase Manifold in Coming Decades
- Demand of Larrivée Guitar Got a Boost after Promotion through Astronaut Chris Hadfield
- Rosario Dawson flashes her crotch at Cannes Film Festival
- Angelina Jolie’s double mastectomy moved Jennifer Aniston to tears