Author of Marie Curie and her Daughters, Shelley Emling has decided to donate £1 on every sales of the book to cancer charity, Marie Curie Cancer Care. The book is due to be published on 20th of September, 2012.
The book is a story of Nobel Prize winner Irene and Eve, a humanitarian. Besides contributing from the sales of the book, the publisher would also be holding cake sale event to raise funds for the charity. A number of such events would be conducted this year by the publisher.
For those who are interested in voluntarily for the care of the terminally ill patients can get themselves registered by 31st of August. Meanwhile, an event called Walk Ten is being organized all over the street of the UK. In this event, participants would take part in the walk to raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
The participants would be entertained with picnic and fun music played by U105. All the fun activities would take place to salute the hardship of the Marie Curie nurses in providing care to the cancer patients. Those who are interested in taking part in the event can get themselves registered by paying an amount of £10.
- Increase in Number of Unpaid and Young Carers
- New Cancer Drug Compounds Moved Forward to Phase-III Development
- Health Bosses Ensure Staff Vaccination against Measles in Wake of Likely Outbreak
- Bea Arthur’s nude painting sells for $1.9 million at Christie’s auction
- Zoe Saldana seen kissing former Italian footballer Perego