A lot many times, it has been said that schizophrenia has been associated with immune function. It is now that a study has been done, which gives strongest proof till date that schizophrenia has been linked with immune function.
The study, which has been published in the journal Molecular Psychiatry, has found that there are strong chances that people, who have been suffering from schizophrenia, might get attacked by their own immune system.
Lead researcher Cyndi Shannon Weickert from Neuroscience Research Australia, said, "To find this immune pattern in nearly half of people with schizophrenia raises the possibility that this is in fact a new root cause of the disease”.
He further affirmed that the brain part at which they looked was found to be in crisis. They are quite sure that initially, the study researchers were not able to find such association between immune system and schizophrenia.
This is not the end of the study, said Weickert, who further affirmed that it was just the initiation of their research and a lot many more facts need to be found out. Their next target is to find out effective treatments for the problem, as they would find ways so that immune system attacks could be reduced.
- Scientists may use Vitamin C in TB Treatment to Kill Tuberculosis Bacteria
- Jolie’s Revelation of Undergoing Double Mastectomy Creates Needless Panic among Women
- India and UK Sign MOU on Cooperation in the Field Of Health Sector
- Examining Exoplanets, their Surfaces and their Atmosphere
- Poison is Suspected for Sea Lions Deaths found in Peru