It has been revealed that Susan Ryan, Age Discrimination Commissioner, has released a paper, which talks about human right approach to attain aged care. Ryan was of the view that the new age care package being taken out by the federal government, known as Living Longer Living Better, has been prepared after a lot many consultations.
Ryan said that since the development of the package, they were determined that the new aged care package should be based on the lines of human rights approach. He further affirmed, “By adopting a human rights approach, we will be able to expect services that are available, accessible, appropriate and of good quality”.
There are many reasons for which the government has decided to issue aged care plan on the lines of fundamental health care approach. One of the reasons was that people should be able to get care with respect. It is not that advancement in techniques, facilities and number of beds at aged care places does not matter.
More than that there are other things, which holds more importance and those being patient’s choice of facilities, his respect, dignity and his will to receive services at one place. It is all about providing quality services with a touch of human rights.
- Increase in Number of Unpaid and Young Carers
- New Cancer Drug Compounds Moved Forward to Phase-III Development
- Health Bosses Ensure Staff Vaccination against Measles in Wake of Likely Outbreak
- Bea Arthur’s nude painting sells for $1.9 million at Christie’s auction
- Zoe Saldana seen kissing former Italian footballer Perego