Paralympics is drawing near and about 2 million tickets out of 2.5 million have already been sold. Just after 11 days, 4,200 athletics would be making a stay in London for the Paralympics. Paralympics was founded by neurologist Ludwig Guttmann.
In 1948, wheelchair-based games were introduced in the Paralympics. Soon after two years about 150 countries participated in the games. Since then disabled athletes have been taking part in the Paralympics. The games were officially hosted for the first time in 1988.
In order to participate in games, one needs guts and power. Not all can be Usain Bolt but one can bring changes in one’s life and achieve recognition. There are a few countries which don’t support the disabled and do not help them in taking part in Paralympics. However, at the same side there are a few nations doing a lot to help disabled in living their life.
Through the Paralympics awareness among people are imparted about the power of disabled. A large population of the world is disabled. By taking part in the games and by seeing others participating in Paralympics others get motivated to do something special in their life.
- Sharp fall experienced in Jobless claims
- Boeing plans to spend $10 billion on 777X jetliner
- Telstra ‘vacuums up’ data from telephone calls of Australian users
- FTC settles with maker of Brightest Flashlight Free app which distributed user data to third parties
- BBM directory search service launched for Android platform