“What I’m struggling with is, is this the new social norm? This is what we’re going to have to live with if we have more personal access to firearms”, said Froedtert Hospital’s emergency medicine Chief Dr. Stephen Hargarten.
The statement was made on finding that the cases of gun violence have increased in Wisconsin and Colorado. While a previous picture of mass shooting by James Holmes was seen at a movie theater in Colorado, Mr. Hargarten has now treated the victimized members of a Sikh Temple in Milwaukee.
It is being said that the new perspective of the Injury Research Center’s director at the Medical College of Wisconsin has also possibly developed as a result of the two incidents. He has now been calling the issue as a social disease.
Since, the trend has taken lives of many innocent civilians as also evident from the case of former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in the head by a man. Nearly 73,000 cases of all each year are found to be of firearm related injuries.
Thus, public health officials have been asking that the same should rather be tackled from a public health perspective. Also, concerning the same, Mr. Hargarten has suggested some ways of changing gun-ownership laws, the report finds.
- Increase in Number of Unpaid and Young Carers
- New Cancer Drug Compounds Moved Forward to Phase-III Development
- Health Bosses Ensure Staff Vaccination against Measles in Wake of Likely Outbreak
- Bea Arthur’s nude painting sells for $1.9 million at Christie’s auction
- Zoe Saldana seen kissing former Italian footballer Perego