In a shocking incident, a 40-year-old man was told that he has a nine-inch-long plastic fork trapped in his stomach and that too was confirmed when he rushed to the hospital complaining about vomiting and severe stomach cramps.
Mr. Lee Gardner opted to consult a medical professional when he vomited blood and suffered debilitating stomach cramps. He approached the doctors in Barnsley for diagnosis and to get the reasons for his illness but what was told to him not only stunned him but also the medical professionals.
The doctors noticed a nine-inch fork in his stomach and doubt that it had been there for more than a decade. Not only had this but they also discovered some more pieces of cutlery.
Mr. Gardner, 40, has admitted that he had completely forgotten about swallowing the plastic things. Doctors explained that he could have assumed that the whole fork would have passed through his system naturally but they confirmed that it was still completely intact and was found at the bottom of his tummy.
“I had been vomiting blood, and when they were looking inside me with the camera the doctor said ‘Are you sure you’ve not swallowed anything? I said no but when he said ‘Are you sure, I can see prongs of what appears to be a fork?’- I remembered accidentally swallowing one years and years ago”, he said.
- Sharp fall experienced in Jobless claims
- Boeing plans to spend $10 billion on 777X jetliner
- Telstra ‘vacuums up’ data from telephone calls of Australian users
- FTC settles with maker of Brightest Flashlight Free app which distributed user data to third parties
- BBM directory search service launched for Android platform