Resveratrol Can Overcome Stumbling
Elders are often seen having difficulties in walking. They stumble while walking. However, recently, researchers have claimed that red wine can actually help elders in steady walking. The findings have confused many as red wine makes one tipsy and one can even fall. But, according to the researchers, the red wine contains resveratrol which is said to be good for the elders.
The findings of the researchers have been presented to American Chemical Society. The researchers informed that they conducted a small study over mice to gauge whether or not red wine is helpful in overcoming stumbling.
During the study, the researchers fed the mice with resveratrol-rich diet for weeks. After administering the resveratrol-rich diet to the elder mice, the stumbling was overcome. Lead researcher, Jane Cavanaugh was reported saying, "Our study suggests that a natural compound like resveratrol, which can be obtained either through dietary supplementation or diet itself, could actually decrease some of the motor deficiencies that are seen in our aging population".
However, further studies are required to be conducted as it has been found that body doesn't observe resveratrol easily. Therefore, increasing the intake of red wine is definitely not a solution.
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power