The Rwandan government has taken quite an important decision for better mental and physical health of women. It has lifted reservation from article 14(2) (c), which talks about penalty being given to women, who thinks of aborting their pregnancy.
Permission has been given to those women, who have conceived through rape, forceful sex during marriage or in relation. Women can also opt for abortion at the time when it endangers her health.
The decision being taken for the welfare of women has been applauded by experts, as they find that the decision will make women think that the authorities concerned understand such situations and the need to undergo abortions due to the same.
If to look at the decision in a different light then also it would be found that the decision will save a lot illegal abortions. It has been found that a lot many illegal abortions take place across the country. In fact, it was reported in Uganda that 22% abortions that take place are done using dangerous methods.
The decision will ensure that at least illegal abortions are being prevented, so that women's life is prevented from probable dangers.
- Katie Price wears a huge pink princess dress at the book launch
- MIA’s fourth album will hopefully be released this autumn
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West might have named their daughter Kaidence Donda West
- World Bank Signs Deal with India for Taking NACP IV Ahead
- Telstra Contractors Fail to have Appropriate Asbestos Awareness