Watermelon Strain Calls For another Investigation
A recall of cantaloupes of Chamberlain Farms was announced by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on August 22. But, as per a recent report, the owners had already and willfully done the same when the products were linked to the salmonella outbreak.
The farm is situated in southwestern Indiana, some 20 miles north of Evansville. It has been told on Wednesday that watermelons were also withdrawn from the market; however none has been identified to have become ill after eating a watermelon.
Meanwhile, the US agency said that it is into the investigation of the watermelons so as to locate the possible source. The Indiana State Department of Health is also engaged in the same work and the report finds that the farm is too working in collaboration with the two.
Since, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 204 people have been affected by the same with two deaths.
The company is looking for what caused the food-borne illness to enter the larger fruits, the report says. "We are continuing to cooperate fully with authorities to determine the full facts about the source of the salmonella found on our watermelon", the farm was quoted as saying.
New Zealand News
- 10 pm COVID-19 curfew will negatively impact casino workers, warns BGC
- Donaco International reports H1 net loss of AU$59 million, showing significant year-on-year improvement
- Why the NZ Dollar Could Have a Very Bright Future
- Sydney’s Star Casino fined $90,000 for allowing minors to gamble in 2019
- Danville Casino Campaign being led by former Caesars CEO Tony Rodio