Though, the Canadian Auto Workers had had a terrible talk with the Detroit Three on Thursday. Proposing concessions on wages of new automakers, the group expresses the belief that the whole picture could change in the upcoming four days, as per a recent report.
As per the findings, a strike is to go after four days and the plan of concessions on pensions as well as wages for new recruitments is an effort to prevent the same. The CAW has asked that existing workers should however not suffer.
Not only it has proposed low-pension scheme for new workers at Ford Motor Co., Chrysler and General Motors Co., but a a longer "earn-in” has also been planned. It is being said that workers should take more time than they usually do to reach the highest pay scale.
Auto industry expert and a University of Windsor professor Tony Faria has shown his favour for the proposal. He believes, had the CAW not proposed such concessions, there must have left no hope to see settlement of the contract.
He has said in the context, “With the new hire they are not taking anything away from the existing worker, who has to vote on ratifying the contract".
- Beautiful Conjunction of 3 Planets to Take place in Last 10 Days of May
- Health report Disclosed Shocking Patterns Followed by Locals
- Australian Nursing Federation Urges State Government to Take Measures over Violence
- Tasmania's Health Department Refuses Link between Illnesses and Contaminated Water
- Veterinary Directorate Grants Approval for Fast-Tracking of Schmallenberg Vaccine