Miranda Kerr, a model, had claimed last year that coconut oil can prevent tooth decay, but had received criticisms by the public. Though, a study proving the same again provides evidence to her statement, as per a recent report.
It has been found that virgin coconut oil was being questioned by many until now, since Miranda had told that she keeps one with her each day. She had affirmed that whether it is salad or green tea, she adds some amount to everything.
But, the Athlone Institute of Technology’s study has verified that the enzyme-treated oil is indeed helpful in making the major cause of tooth decay i. e. Streptococcus bacteria vanish. Though, earlier the oil was linked to artery-clogging properties, it is now being claimed to be heart friendly.
Dr. Damien Brady and colleagues had presented their study at the University of Warwick’s Society for General Microbiology conference. It has also found that the yeast Candida albicans is also killed by the coconut oil. The bacterium is responsible for causing thrush or other health problems.
It is being said that health issues instead of worsening improve with the oil. Dr. Brady added, "Incorporating enzyme-modified coconut oil into dental hygiene products would be an attractive alternative to chemical additives”.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares