Battling out cough could be embarrassing, imagine an individual coughing the whole day. Somewhat similar is the case of Diane Gwartney. This 72-year-old retired English Professor finds it awkward to cough the whole day long, and more than that it is difficult and hurting.
Consider the case of William Chambers, also went through a similar phase, suffered severe cough. This 62-year- old businessman has to set his schedule in a manner that in such a way that he need not speak much, instead he even avoided talking at the dinner table; it used to be upsetting.
For Mr. Chambers and Ms. Gwartney, their case was of persistent bronchitis, until before thorough testing notified that they are suffering from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). This deadly disease has been held responsible for the deaths of nearly 40,000 people annually.
However, the new edge to this is the recent findings in a study carried out by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, which have highlighted the role of thalidomide, although with infamous history, has been looked upon as a treatment for enhancing the lives led by these IPF patients, after a small trial.
The drug was introduced in 1950s by Gruenenthal and has been liked with birth-defects. The company made several headlines recently of apologizing to those affected.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man