Affordable Care Effective in reducing Abortion Rates: Researchers
A recent study has found that the introduction of Affordable Care Act will help in reducing the abortion rates in the country. The study was conducted by the Washington University School of Medicine.
The study was conducted after having enrolled women in the Contraceptive Choice Project program. Under the program, women are provided with free birth control pills. The participants had an access to free pills for three years.
During the study, it was found that access to birth control pill helped women in preventing unwanted pregnancies. For the study, about 9,256 women were enrolled in the program. Every year about 19.6 abortions take place in
1,000 women. However, during the study only 4.4 to 7.5 abortions took place in 1,000 women.
It is hoped that the Affordable Care Act in future will help in reducing the abortion rates significantly. The Affordable Care Act is also known as Obamacare. Through the Obamacare many women in the country have been helped in saying no to the unwanted pregnancies.
Increased rates of abortion had been an issue in the US for quite long. But, it is hoped that the Obamacare will help in dealing with it.
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power