A lot has been said about hand hygiene, but it has been found that people are not adhering to the common rules of hygiene. In a survey being taken out to mark the UN's Global Handwashing Day, it has been found that one in every 12 bank cards and one in 16 bank currency is as dirty as an unwashed toilet basin.
The figures are quite depressing, but it reflects that people are careless about their health and hygiene. Recently, a study has been taken out by a group of researchers from University of London and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
They have concluded in their study that people are quite ignorant about maintaining adequate hygiene levels. Their research has revealed that one in 10 hands contains faecal organisms and to such an extent that it is proportion can be equated with a dirty and unwashed toilet bowl.
In order to reach at the above given conclusion, the study researchers assessed 272 hands of people as well as their money bags. Volunteers, who took part in the study, were from London, Liverpool and Birmingham.
Lead researcher Ron Cutler was of the view, "People may tell us they wash their hands, but the research shows us different, and highlights just how easily transferable these pathogens are".
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man