London's Tech City Appoints Joanna Shields as New Boss
London is believed to be a hot place for high-technologies and appointment of Joanna Shields for the position of boss of the Tech City cluster is a big achievement for No 10, a recent report claims. It is being hoped that the country would now see wonders happening with Shields as the new boss.
Facebook's European boss Ms. Shields, one of the highest profile technology leaders, has been recruited at a job profile, which has been relatively low profile since years. The aim is to bring it up with the aid of Ms. Shields, who has supervised the business's expansion since 2010.
It has been found that she was earlier chief executive of social network Bebo. There also, she had aided in pulling off a best deal in web history. She had sold the company for a sum of $850m to AOL. The aim was to see the reselling of the company by the buyer for $10 after a couple of years.
As per the findings, her CV shows her big role for Google in Europe. The same means that she is linked up to the chief Silicon Valley powerhouses that would definitely help her make big venture capital firms notice when she boosts London.
"Tech City's success showed what could happen when we back some of our most innovative and aspiring companies", said the prime minister.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market