A new strain of Clostridium difficile (C. diff) has been detected in Scotland recently. Reports say the same has concerned health experts even more than before they were with other forms of strains of the virus.
It is being said by a microbiologist Professor Thomas Riley that the strain may lead the country to face a much darker time. Since, the strain named as ribotype 244 is more lethal than any other strain. Despite giving patients an effective treatment, it is likely to kill its victim often.
The report finds that the strain for the family of the 027 strain, which was previously thought to be the most infectious. It had led to an outbreak at Dunbartonshire's Vale of Leven Hospital in 2007-08. A first case has already been reported in Scotland this week.
The patient was referred to two different hospices for treatment and was then diagnosed with robotype 244. Testing the strain for its potential, it was found that it is likely to spread wider in the UK. Therefore, the University of Western Australia researchers have been suggesting hospital staff to take care of patients who show any signs of the fatal virus.
"We will keep a close eye on it and monitor it very closely", said healthcare scientist at Health Protection Scotland Dr. Camilla Wiuff.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man