Health experts have been suggesting one and all to go in for a flu jab as soon as possible as winters have arrived and the same brings with it seasonal flu.
As per reports, a flu jab can protect one from contracting the infection. And despite the fact that a large number of people are entitled to free NHS flu jab, they avoid the same. This is why experts are highly concerned.
It is being warned that nearly 14 million people may suffer flu in a few upcoming months, if this attitude of people persists. Everyone should have an injection and especially the ones in the at-risk category, including the elderly, ill and children, should not miss on the vaccine.
"This year's seasonal flu vaccine is free to patients who are 'at-risk' of developing complications from flu", Dr. Ian Orpen, Chair of NHS B&NES Clinical Commissioning Group, was quoted as saying. He says that pregnant women should also largely pay attention as they may be risking their unborn child with their ill health.
It has been told that the ones who fail to get a jab on the NHS may go for a privately paid flu vaccination from pharmacies or doctors surgeries. Since, it is more important to maintain health than saving money.
- DST to Officially Resume on Second Sunday in March
- Eric Schmidt says Google’s data is now protected from any kind of government snooping
- harmon.ie enterprise collaboration app for Office 365 wins App Award for best international app
- Judge Lucy Koh rejects Apple’s second bid for Samsung smartphone sales ban
- Dell announces its Latitude 13 ‘Education Series’ laptops