Now whenever your mother comes and complains you about your video game playing habit, you just have to give them reference of the following study.
A recent study taken out by a group of researchers from University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, has concluded in its study that video game players are better in handling tasks. In order to prove the same, the study researchers carried out an experiment.
The experiment included three categories. The first one comprised of schoolchildren, second group was of college goers and the last category was medical residents. All the three categories were given task in which they had to use virtual surgery tools.
The task was measured on a number of things, like eye and hand coordination, preciseness and speed of carrying out task as well as pressure of hands. After assessing all these and more points, the study researchers reached at a conclusion that both school goers and college students were better than medical residents.
It shall be noted that school goers win the task with few more points from college students. Dr. Sami Kilic, who led the study, said, "The inspiration for this study first developed when I saw my son, an avid video game player, take the reins of a robotic surgery simulator at a medical convention".
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man