Pepsi, the Soft drink giant, has come up with a new drink dubbed Pepsi Special, which it is claiming as good for one's health. The company promises that one would lower his blood pressure by having the drink.
As per the report, the drink has been green signaled by the Japanese Ministry of Health and the ministry has after a long review declared it as a health drink. Suntory, which is Pepsi's sole Japanese distributor, says that a 2006 Japanese study is evidence that the drink is beneficial.
He affirms that rats involved in the study absorbed less fat when they were fed with dextrin enhanced sugar and corn-syrup drink as compared to their counterparts. However, science is not backing all its claims and says that neither it helps in weight loss, nor indigestible dietary fiber blocks indigestible dietary fiber.
A physician nutrition specialist Dr. Melina Jampolis says, "It's true that naturally occurring soluble fiber does help block cholesterol absorption but there's no publicly available evidence suggesting that synthetic fibers do this too".
But, Suntory still claims that the new drink has dextrin and the same can block fat. Also, the gold and black labeled wonder soda is able to sop triglycerides from increasing, thereby lowering blood pressure.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man