It was not less than a shock when it was said that oral contraceptives can be sold over-the-counter. The most astonishing part of the story was that the suggestion came from the medical society.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has also talked about the matter. Same has also been published in the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology. They were of the view that unintended pregnancies are on rise and that happens due to two reasons. One is inaccessibility to get contraceptives and cost of the same.
"A potential way to improve contraceptive access and use, and possibly decrease the unintended pregnancy rate, is to allow over-the-counter access to oral contraceptives", said the committee. There were experts, who said that side effects of contraceptives can also take place.
On which, the committee said that aspirin and acetaminophen are some of the many medicines that are available over-the counter. They also pose side effects, but also provide a number of benefits. Moreover, counter packaging can play the role of informing about the side effects.
Concerns were also raised as it was said that people will miss their doctors' visits. But, the committee said that nothing of such sort will take place.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man