Tap Water Not Only Cheaper But Also Safer Than Bottled Water
It is often considered that bottled water is safer than tap water. But, a new research has concluded something completely opposite to the same.
As per a research, which was taken out by a group of researchers from Glasgow University, it has been found that tap water is safer for drinking than bottled water. It has been said so, as tap water has passed through more stringent tests than bottled water, so it has been said safer.
Prof Paul Younger from Glasgow University said, "People think there must be something wrong with tap water because it is so cheap and plentiful. But from a safety and price perspective, tap water is better for you".
Younger said that tap water passes through strict inspection regime, but such is not the case with bottled water. Once it gets filled and sealed in bottle, it might remain packed for months until it gets sold. In fact, when water bottle gets opened, it has no means of getting sterilized.
People prefer buying bottled water and pay more money for the same. Simultaneously, people also feel that tap water is not safe, as it is quite cost effective and available in plenty. But, study researchers suggested that one should change their thinking about tap water and start preferring it.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain