As evaluated by a study called DECSION, Nexavar drug meant to treat patients with radioactive iodine refractory differentiated thyroid cancer has been successful in its initial stage of phase III trial.
The drug is an oral therapy against cancer and is developed by Bayer healthCare unit's U. S. division, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc., and U. S. drug maker Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. The study confirmed that the drug was efficient and safe to use for the purpose.
The efficacy of the drug was compared against the existing drug placebo and was found that it was better than that. The drug has been successful in meeting the primary endpoint in the trail and has helped the patients to have progression-free survival.
The secondary endpoint trial will evaluate the drug on the grounds of overall survival, time to progression, response rate and duration of response. It was found that the drug was quite safe and tolerable on its existing profile.
According to the firm, most of the differentiable thyroid cancers are curable; however, RAI-refractory, locally advanced, or metastatic disease were comparatively tough to overcome and also had a lower survival rate.
"We are pleased that the results of this study demonstrate that Nexavar may provide a treatment option for these patients", said Dimitris Voliotis, MD and the Vice President of Global Clinical Development Oncology, Bayer HealthCare.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man