It seems there is no respite for Pakistan soon as it has witnessed 306 children's death in 2012 due to measles, as per the World Health Organization (WHO). Out of all the months, it was in December 2012 that they have reported maximum deaths in Sindh province of Pakistan.
It's shocking that though the deaths were very much preventable, authorities concerned could not deliver the expected results. It has been know that the disease is highly contagious and spreads through the air by breathing, coughing or sneezing. There are fair chances of any child facing potential fatal health complications, including pneumonia and encephalitis.
"About one out of 10 children with measles also get an ear infection, and up to one out of 20 gets pneumonia. About one out of 1,000 gets encephalitis, and one or two out of 1,000 die", said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
It is strongly believed that Pakistani health care management system is loosening a lot and that's what made the situation reach this extent. There is dire need to pull the system up besides escalating awareness level regarding the same so that more cases can be avoided in the first place.
With the WHO coming forward and expressing concern, it would be worth seeing what all would be done to control the situation from going further bad.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man