Health workers, who are a part of a polio vaccination program, were largely attacked in the month of December. Friday, officials announced that tighter security has been provided this time so that no such incident occurs again.
The polio vaccination program was suspended following the attacks. Since, nine health workers in Karachi and the northwest were killed brutally. Also, a man with six women was shot dead on Tuesday in the northwestern district of Swabi. These people were workers for a charity engaged in polio vaccinations.
It has been told that now the program is being recommenced in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and there is paramilitary and police support for workers. Another nationwide campaign could be planned, says a senior government official, but it seemed better to vaccinate children in phases.
The government believes that low key manner along with proper security arrangements would allow in inoculating kids safely. Campaigns would now be organized separately in different districts, head of polio eradication Dr. Janbaz Afridi has told.
"We had to launch a campaign from January 14, but without security clearance, so we reviewed the schedule and modified policy to do it in phases starting from high-risk districts", sources quoted Afridi as tweeting.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man