A study has revealed that an increase in number of sleeping hours can modify brain. This can reverse the rotting of memory with ageing.
In the journal Nature Neuroscience, it has been shown that there is a link between ageing of brain and number of sleeping hours. Through experiments, it has been proven that the memory can suffer because of less sleep.
Even many people may have observed that both memory and sleeping problems occur in later years. Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, said that it was difficult to comprehend whether sleep, memory and brain were separate signs of ageing or were they interconnected.
Experiments were performed on 36 people. A region of the brain, called the medial prefronal cortex, was used by the team of scientists to predict how deep the sleep is. This section of brain is very significant but with age, it degrades.
Amount of sleep was then linked to the memory of the person. Young people who took loads of quality sleep, performed better. "Taken all together, the deterioration of the brain leads to the deterioration of sleep to the deterioration of memory", said one of the researchers, Dr. Matthew Walker.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man