It was not a new thing to know that microbes have the capacity to survive in extreme temperatures. They can be spotted inside the volcanoes as well as on the mountains having bone-chilling temperature.
However, this was quite surprising to know that microbes are also present in the storm clouds. Researchers were astonished as clouds were at a great distance from the Earth. Athanasios Nenes, an atmospheric chemist working at the Georgia Institute of Technology, said that the topic is of a great importance.
Presence of microbes up in the air can play a vital role in depicting global climate. Lindbergh continued by saying that for now, they are not aware of the fact that how many microbes are present up in the atmosphere.
Nenes said that they have tried to know the same by collecting air samples from approximately 30,000 feet. Samples were collected from both the places that are over land and sea. Their assessment report revealed the presence of a lot of bacteria.
"More than 60 percent of them were actually alive, and they were in an active state that that you could say they should be metabolizing and eating things", said Nenes. Experts said that knowing more about the presence of microbes up in the atmosphere is a key topic these days among researchers.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man