On Friday, Russia launched a satellite, which finally plunged into Pacific marking the failure of the Moscow's latest space program.
According to the report, the Russian rocket was carrying a US telecommunications satellite, which plunged into the Pacific Ocean only after few moments of its launch from a mobile sea platform. Experts believe that the launch failed as the heavy waves were battering the former northern seas oil platform.
The failure of the Intelsat-27 implies the failure of the giant Boeing aerospace corporation as the final piece of a constellation hasn't been fixed followed by the fact that it's aim of providing TV feeds across Europe and the United States, would not be accomplished now.
"There was an accident during the Zenit rocket launch," a source at the Energia Corporation that makes the Zenit-3SL rocket used to lift up Intelsat satellites told AFP. "The rocket fell into the Pacific Ocean," the source added.
Officials have confirmed no injuries on the huge Odyssey platform, the-once-stationed at oil-rich coast of Norway.
Regarding the failure of the project, Energia chief, Ms. Vitaly Lopota said the Russian rocket's engine appeared to fail after it took off. The exact reason behind the failure is yet not confirmed.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man