A suggestion has been put into the ears of the administration to protect the largest of the members of weasel family. In a proposal by the federal Fish and Wildlife Service, it has been said that the wolverine should receive Endangered Species Act protections.
Winter cold in the Rockies has influenced the Center for Biological Diversity, based in Arizona, and Defenders of Wildlife to protect the species.
If the proposal meets conclusion, then the wolverines would come under the same group of polar bears, elkhorn coral and staghorn coral. Then it would fall in the same category as that of all those species threatened by global warming and not just by poachers.
The rule says, "Extensive climate modeling indicates that the wolverine's snowpack habitat will be greatly reduced and fragmented in the coming years due to climate warming, thereby threatening the species with extinction." It is the proposed rule that has classified the species in a different category.
According to Timothy Preso, a lawyer handling the lawsuit, this proposal is a welcoming promise towards achieving the target of protecting the animals from global warming. He said that in the process, they would be protecting the mountains and various lands which are the habitat of wolverines.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man