Sen. John McCain could just not stop himself from cracking a gag when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, on Monday, expressed his wish of becoming an astronaut.
It was a nasty one-liner that said that the President's wish has been already granted. He cited the example of the monkey that was sent only some time back into space by Iranians during a test flight.
Ahmadinejad had tweeted that he wanted to let go himself for the scientists of the nation and wanted to be the first Iranian to do so.
But, his statement prompted the Arizona Republican to joke. "So Ahmadinejad wants to be the first Iranian in space - wasn't he just there last week", said he. This in turn led him face criticism by a fellow Republican and some others. They all showed outrage over the Israel-hating tyrant's comparison with a primate.
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) said that the Arizona republican should not be cracking such racist gags and he should act wise. However, McCain fired back and tweeted that everyone should just lighten up since it might not be their cup of tea to take a joke.
It has been found that McCain's visit to Twitter to defend himself from the condemnation going online gave rise to the monkey business.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares