Sen. John McCain could just not stop himself from cracking a gag when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, on Monday, expressed his wish of becoming an astronaut.
It was a nasty one-liner that said that the President's wish has been already granted. He cited the example of the monkey that was sent only some time back into space by Iranians during a test flight.
Ahmadinejad had tweeted that he wanted to let go himself for the scientists of the nation and wanted to be the first Iranian to do so.
But, his statement prompted the Arizona Republican to joke. "So Ahmadinejad wants to be the first Iranian in space - wasn't he just there last week", said he. This in turn led him face criticism by a fellow Republican and some others. They all showed outrage over the Israel-hating tyrant's comparison with a primate.
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) said that the Arizona republican should not be cracking such racist gags and he should act wise. However, McCain fired back and tweeted that everyone should just lighten up since it might not be their cup of tea to take a joke.
It has been found that McCain's visit to Twitter to defend himself from the condemnation going online gave rise to the monkey business.
- New Barbie has realistic proportions of average girl
- DST to Officially Resume on Second Sunday in March
- Eric Schmidt says Google’s data is now protected from any kind of government snooping
- harmon.ie enterprise collaboration app for Office 365 wins App Award for best international app
- Judge Lucy Koh rejects Apple’s second bid for Samsung smartphone sales ban