Let it be any country in the world, alcohol is known as one of the foremost causes of death.
Recently, a research was carried out by Dr. Tim Stockwell, director of the University of Victoria's Centre for Addictions Research of British Columbia to study the negative relation between increased alcohol price and diminished alcohol related deaths.
It was about the minimum pricing policy for alcohol that was introduced in Canada a short time back due to which, a reduction in the number of alcohol-related deaths has been noticed in the province.
The Scottish government was preparing to introduce a similar policy and therefore, they carried out a survey to study the effects of this policy in Canada.
As told by the author of the Canadian research, Dr Tim Stockwell to BBC Radio Scotland's Good Morning Scotland program, whenever the price of alcohol is increased, the number of alcohol related deaths goes down.
In a number of cases when deaths are entirely caused by alcohol like due to alcoholic poisoning, alcoholic gastritis deaths linked to the coroner or physician to alcohol dependence; such a policy brings out favorable results.
In British Columbia also, with an increase in the price of alcohol, there has been noticed a significant breakdown in the rates of mortality.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man