Jamaica's north coast is facing an ecological crisis because of declining number of coral species and coral growth.
The warm waters of the ocean have faded the coral out which led to the ecological decline where only snails and worms swim through the skeleton of corals. These water bodies lost the presence of water species like urchins and plant-eating reef fish.
The conservationists are now trying their hard to turn the things around like always by planting fast growing coral species. Even though the strategy might be effective or can remain ineffective but inaction is not at all an option to the conservationists. They believe that the problem is simply too vast and the process of restoration is not looking into the underlying forces that lead to its collapse.
As per the data revealed by International Union for Conservation of Nature, coverage of coral on Caribbean reefs has declined from 50% to 8% since 1970's. Advocates are of the view that the efforts of restoration of reef would never be able to bring back the glory that was present 50 years ago, but will definitely be able to preserve some of its beauty.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man