Hackers Spoil Facebook Page of Colin Powell
According to recent news, hackers have attempted to spoil the Facebook page of the former US Secretary of State. The page was reported to post some private pictures and other comments about ex-president George Bush.
Powell is another among the high profile people whose accounts were hijacked. The posts asserted weird comments about Bush such that he belongs to Ku Klux Klan and his family is "'puppets of the Illuminati".
It emerged that hacker appears to be Guccifer and it is said that he stole the picture from Bush's account last month. Guccifer admitted in an interview to have sneaked into accounts of Bush and his family members.
Powell apologized to the public about the offending items posted on his Facebook page and these posts have been removed as of now. "Dear Friends, I'm happy to report that the hacking problem has been fixed. We have been working with FB this morning and they took immediate action to remedy the situation", said Powell in a statement.
Questions are arising about how his Facebook page was hacked and it is believed that his password was compromised. In case, it happened because of password, may other questions turn up like was the password chose poorly or was it so vulnerable to attack? Probe into matter is expected shortly which will answers all the questions, hopefully.
New Zealand News
- 10 pm COVID-19 curfew will negatively impact casino workers, warns BGC
- Donaco International reports H1 net loss of AU$59 million, showing significant year-on-year improvement
- Why the NZ Dollar Could Have a Very Bright Future
- Sydney’s Star Casino fined $90,000 for allowing minors to gamble in 2019
- Danville Casino Campaign being led by former Caesars CEO Tony Rodio