Advantages of Medical Marijuana Revealed
California researchers in an update of their findings to the California Legislature have described that Marijuana can be a promising treatment for pain-related medical conditions.
''I think the evidence is getting better and better that marijuana, or the constituents of cannabis, are useful at least in the adjunctive treatment of neuropathy", Igor Grant, MD, Executive Vice-Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine and Director of the Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research at the University of California, said.
The center has completed five scientific trials, since the program Grant directs was launched in 1999, after California Legislature passed SB 847.
Studies showed that the value of Marijuana for pain-related conditions had the following results. Smoked cannabis reduced pain in HIV patients. Marijuana helped reduce pain in people suffering spinal cord injury and other conditions.
Medium doses of Marijuana reduced pain perception. The higher the dose, the greater was the pain relief. Vaporized Marijuana was reportedly found to be safe.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
- Tensions between US and China may hurt Las Vegas’ Casino Revenue
- Nevada Gaming Watchdog forces Casinos to submit their reopening plans