Investment of $258M in Milford Twp. data center by GM
The General Motors Co. stated on Monday that it will be spending an amount of $258 million for developing and aiding advance data center at its Milford Proving Ground in Milford Township. It will be backing up the new data center at the Warren Tech Center.
On the whole, the GM will be spending $546 million on constructing and equipping the two data centers in Milford and Warren. The reports about the construction were provided by GM Chief Information Officer Randy Mott.
Sources suggested that the construction at the proving ground is being expected to be initiating in the current summer season, with an initiating aims for July 2014.
GM said that a total of 350 skilled trades' workers will be required at the major levels of the construction for the Milford data center. The Milford Township data center will generate20 jobs once open. The initiation of the jobs was recommended by Milford Township Supervisor Donald Green.
Replacements of 23 centers are being initiated by the Warren and Milford Township. The reason for the same lies in the fact to supply the GM and three information technology suppliers operate across the globe.
The steps are parts of the automaker's information technology repairs. These consist of the in-sourcing of near about 90 percent of its information technology work force over the upcoming few years.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies