The Gold Coast's patients are soon to see a new class of mental health unit design for themselves. Iron beds in dorms, which are like prison, being long and dark, are a world away from the design.
It has been found that the unit would bring with it the latest European trends in treatment. The unit at the Gold Coast University Hospital has been bragging colourful interiors, with open-plan and living spaces, which highlights a patient's independence.
The report said that the new unit is a long way from the grim 'madhouse'-like room, to which patients of mental health problems were committed back only decades. Recently, the same was announced as one of the world's best new-fangled mental health facilities at the ninth yearly Design and Health International Academy Awards.
Ron Bridgefoot, project director principal, avowed that a research had proved that natural surroundings and gardens could help anxious and disturbed patients, while easing depression. The same was used to develop the concept.
Mr. Bridgefoot has been into the field for years since the 1980s. "Today's approach is a lot different, a lot more humanistic, and that is coming across in the way we are building mental health facilities", affirmed he.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man