Azzam, the World’s Largest Yacht
Azzam is the 590-foot longest yacht in the world. It is undocked at the Lurssen shipyard in Bremen, Germany. The overall cost for creating the yacht is $605 million. It has been under construction for three years.
According to reports, the yacht is constructed for one of the richest men in the world who is speculated to be from the United Arab Emirates. Before Azzam, Eclipse used to be the longest yacht in the world.
The length of Azzam is 57 feet more than Eclipse. Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich is the owner of Eclipse.
Azzam is not only the longest in the world, but the fastest private yacht on the sea as well with top speeds of 30 knots. Yachts have always been the fascination of billionaires.
The launch of the 590-foot Azzam has not been great news for the Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, as his Eclipse is mere 533 feet.
G. Bruce Knecht wrote about 187-foot Lady Linda in his book, Grand Ambition. Knecht wrote that the maintenance and operating cost of a yacht is nearly a tenth of the total cost of the yacht.
Unfortunately, many details about the Azzam are not available. But according to experts, the yacht will go beyond the lavishness of Abramovich's yacht.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies