Lengthened Screen Time May Lead to Depression in Kids
Published lately by the Public Health England, a study has been claiming that children in the UK, who spend a long time before TV and computers, realize more emotional problems.
The team of researchers said that there was a particular reason behind the same. Spending long time facing the screen did not allow the kids to engage much in physical activity. They even tended to have less social interaction with their friends. However, these were important factors to lessen childhood anxiety.
But, the study dubbed 'How healthy behaviour supports children's wellbeing' showed more than four hours being spent by kids in front of screens. And the same led to depression and anxiety.
More than two hours were being spent before screen by 62% of 11-year-old UK kids, with some 71% of children, 13. Also, 68% of the 15-year olds were spending the same amount of time watching TV or computer. In comparison, less than 35% of Swiss kids faced screens for this long.
PHE's director of health and wellbeing, Professor Fenton, said that a child's emotional state was directly being affected by the screen time. Besides, each increased hour raised the risk of socio-emotional problems of kids.
"The greater the time spent in front of the screen, the greater the negative impact on both behavioural and emotional issues relating to the child's development", affirmed Professor Fenton.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power