4,000 Pubs to Close within a Year: Good Pub guide
It is time to bid goodbye to hundreds of pubs in Wales and the rest of the UK. This year may witness shutting down of the pubs that have been "stuck in the 1980s".
This information has been published in The Good Pub Guide 2014. Nearly 4,000 pubs that provide indifferent food and drink may be closed in ensuing months.
The document highlights that it is high time that the pubs are closed. According to the published document, their closures would give way to more farsighted and energetic licensees.
According to editor of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) 2014 Good Beer Guide, Roger Protz, "One hundred such pubs are now listed in this manner and several are run as co-operatives by local people. We want to save pubs, not axe them". He finds this step a little bizarre and difficult to comprehend at this stage.
In order to support the same, Arfur (corr) Daley, the organiser of the Great Welsh Beer and Cider Festival, said that the pubs in Wales had been compelled to move according to the existing times. According to him, this is not an innovative piece of idea and may not provide results. So, the reason behind this step may not be fully realized, fear the experts.
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19