Air Canada Chief Criticizes Emirates Airline
Air Canada President Calin Rovinescu pulled Emirates Airline for using unfair practices for getting additional access in Canada. Coming down heavily on some Dubai and United Arab Emirates based air-lines for using predatory tactics to get more access to Vancouver and Calgary.
The airlines are said to be more interested in getting more frequency on Toronto's Pearson Airport. A Dubai based airline said that hike frequency on the route means pumping $480 million into the economy of the country besides increasing commercial activities and more employment opportunities in the region.
Mr. Rovinescu termed the move by the airline to siphon off Canadian traveling to other destinations such as Paris, London or Frankfurt, Germany, and on to Dubai. He told, "Emirates's real aim is to dump its excess capacity into the Canadian market."
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19