World's first digital laser has been invented and the credit goes to Sandile Ngcobo from the Council for Industrial and Scientific Research (CSIR), South Africa. It took two years for Sandile to succeed after many trials and errors in the process.
This invention can bring revolution in the field of manufacturing, communications and health. However, much to his humility the researcher just wants to say thanks to people around him, who backed his efforts unconditionally.
Now, the laser beams could be controlled digitally within the laser, which would improve the performance by manifold. Until now, these results were attained only with the help of costly optics and multiple lasers.
In the health field as well, there is an extensive usage of lasers for performing laser eye surgery. For reading barcodes, telephone and TV signals also laser is used and new discovery could be of great significance for the industry.
This medium will be cheaper in comparison to the conventional lasers, which take help of expensive optics for shaping the light. This invention will allow shaping the beam digitally inside the machine itself.
"You can decide at a moment's notice the shape you would like", informed Andrew Forbes, Head of CSIR Mathematics Optics Research Group.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man