As per a new report, an internal body clock has been discovered by US scientists. This internal clock is used to find out the biological age of the tissues and the organs in the human body. They discovered their research based on the DNA samples of the humans.
It has also been declared that there are some tissues in the human body that age at much faster and slower rate. But, some healthy tissues are there that age at same rate as a whole body.
Researchers are of the view that on discovering the mechanism behind the working of the clock will help them find out the reason for this ageing process in humans. They said that this will also led to the discovery of new drugs and interventions, which will help to slow down the rate of ageing process.
Steve Horvath, Prof. of genetics and biostatistics at the University of California in Los Angeles, said: "Ultimately, it would be very exciting to develop therapy interventions to reset the clock and hopefully keep us young".
Horvath conducted a survey in which he collected 8,000 DNA samples of about 51 healthy and cancerous tissues. He basically tested the methylation, a chemical process held responsible for the chemical modification of DNA varied with age. He declared that methylation of 353 DNA varies consistently with age. This further can also be used as a biological clock.
- Key Interest Rates Unaltered and Mortgages Get Cheaper
- November Home Sale Prices Moved up in November by 5.3 Percent
- Hyatt’s Malware Attack Affects Properties in India too
- London’s Expensive Property Market Advertises Cheapest Flat for about £75,000
- Slow Down in Housing Market Could be a Drag on Canada’s Economy
- Record Profit for American Airlines in 2015
- Soft Patch for the U.S. Economy in 2015, Q4 with Inventory Stockpile and Slowing Global Demand
- Oil Futures Scale on Hopes of Reduced Supply as Russia Plans to Talk to OPEC Members
- Amazon’s Quarterly Result Misses Expectations; Shares Drop
- Social media to blame for sleep disturbances, study